For your product or service to reach a global audience you have to speak their language, and let your brand resonate in a way that makes authentic, culturally-appropriate sense to your target market.
Did you know:
- Less than 6% of the world’s population speak English as a first language
- 72% of customers prefer to buy goods and services in their own language – trust is a big factor
- 3 out of every 5 internet users browse in a language other than English
- More than a billion people speak Mandarin as their first or second language
- The United Nation’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights has been translated into 300 languages
Whether you’re localising to appeal to a younger audience with a more colloquial approach, or aiming at a sophisticated niche audience, your language, tone, vocabulary, grammar and cultural nuances need to be absolutely spot-on.
Accurate translation is vital for many other reasons:
- Legal implications of getting something wrong – in operator manuals or instruction documents, for example, incorrect translation could result in serious injury or worse
- The embarrassment of getting tone, subtlety or nuance wrong – marketing or advertising a product to an audience where a particular word or phrase, once translated, becomes humourous or rude
- Understanding – the time and cost implications of creating inaccurately-translated documents, whether they be legal, instruction-orientated or purely information-based, can be tiresome at best and highly-costly at worst
Our team of accredited, highly-skilled and qualified team is here to create the safety net you’ll need to ensure your brand is protected no matter where you’re operating.